April 7, 2010

Coachella IS Coming! Coachella Commitment Day 1 Mix Featuring Jay-Z, LCD, Passion Pit, MORE!


Coachella is only 9 days away (9!) and I may have to freeze myself until then to contain my unbridled excitement. Instead I have decided to dedicate DYB to all things Coachella until then INCLUDING Introductions to the most exciting (and some lesser known artists), Recommended schedules for each day and most importantly MIXES including all the best, most exciting artists. Get ready!

Without further ado, I present the "Coachella Commitment Day 1" Mix! "Commitment" because Coachella is not for the weak. It is intense (sun, LOTS of people, port-o-potties), but always always AMAZING! Like everything on this site, this mix is an editorialized selection of my favorite acts performing this year and my favorite song(s) by them. For those acts with two songs, they should not be missed. For those with just one, I am going to try to catch them for at least a few songs. Some others worth considering and not on the mix - Gil Scott Heron (70s legend I wrote about HERE) and Fever Ray (female half of The Knife - out there, but very cool). Below is the tracklist and at the bottom is the link to the download. Next to some artists I have put a link to previous posts I have written on them for more details and tracks.

Coachella Commitment Day 1 Mix Tracklist:

1. Yeasayer - ONE (More Info HERE)
2. Jay-Z - Heart of the City
3. LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends (More Info HERE)
4. Sleigh Bells - Crown on the Ground (More Info HERE)
5. LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is Playing At My House
6. Passion Pit - Moth's Wings (More Info HERE)
7. Jay -Z - 99 Problems
8. Aeroplane - Friendly Fire's "Paris" Remix
9. La Roux - I'm Not Your Toy (Jack Beats Remix) (More Info HERE)
10. Deadmau5 - Ghosts N Stuff
11. Passion Pit - Sleepyhead
12. Wale - TV In The Radio (Produced by David Sitek of TV on the Radio)
13. Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks (More Info HERE)
14. Vampire Weekend - Diplomat's Son (More Info HERE)
15. Sleigh Bells - Ring Ring
16. The Whitest Boy Alive - Burning
17. Ra Ra Riot - Can You Tell

DOWNLOAD MIX HERE


Enjoy and see you there,
MD

1 comment:

  1. 9 Days. Can't wait for this. I need to do some last minute camping shopping. And I need to rinse out some suntan lotion bottles to sneak in some booze. Ah, Coachella.

    ReplyDelete