April 14, 2010

Coachella IS Coming! Coachella Commitment Day 3 Mix Featuring Thom Yorke, Phoenix, Spoon, MORE!


Coachella is only 2 days away (2!) - Get ready!

Without further ado, I present the final installment of the "Coachella Commitment" Mixes - the EPIC Day 3! "Day 3 Commitment" is the next level. After two full days of intensity (sun, LOTS of people, port-o-potties), those around for Sunday deserve a medal. This year with Thom Yorke, Phoenix, Spoon, Pavement, Gorillaz, it is my favorite lineup of the festival - so looks like I have no choice but to power through. I hope all of you do as well!

Like everything on this site, this mix is an editorialized selection of my favorite acts performing this year and my favorite song(s) by them. For those acts with two songs, they should not be missed. For those with just one, I am going to try to catch them for at least a few songs. Some others worth considering and not on the mix - Jonsi (lead singer of Sigur Ros - don't love his solo stuff but his voice is otherworldly) and Local Natives (excellent LA band playing on the early side - wrote more about them HERE). Below is the tracklist and at the bottom is the link to the download. Next to some artists I have put a link to previous posts I have written on them for more details and tracks.

Coachella Commitment Day 1 Mix Tracklist:

1. Phoenix - Lisztomania ( Off of DYB's Favorite Album of '09; More Info HERE)
2. Spoon - The Way We Get By
3. Pavement - Cut Your Hair
4. Thom Yorke - And It Rained All Night (I may talk about this guy a tad bit too much like HERE)
5. Julian Casablancas (Lead singer of The Strokes; more HERE)
6. Phoenix - Long Distance Call (25 Hours A Day Remix)
7. Spoon - I Turn My Camera On
8. Julian Casablancas - 11th Dimension
9. The Big Pink - Dominos
10. Miike Snow - Burial (DJ Medhi Remix - who is playing as part of Club 75 Sunday!)
11. Gorillaz - Stylo
12. Little Boots - Stuck On Repeat
13. B.O.B. featuring Amy Winehouse - Grip Your Body
14. Florence & The Machine - You've Got the Love (see also Day 2's xx remix of this excellent song)
15. Yo La Tengo - Here To Fall
16. Thom Yorke - The Eraser


DOWNLOAD DAY 3 MIX HERE

Enjoy and see you there,
MD

PS New LCD Soundsystem Album is up and available to stream on their website! Check it out HERE. Awesome so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment