October 20, 2009

The XX first US performance - "Basic Space"


The XX launched on to the scene earlier this year with one of the most exciting debut album I have heard in years (check out my previous Introducing post HERE). Look for it to be in the top few come my year end lists. Here is the XX performing for the first time in the states with the excellent, "Basic Space". Love how this video is shot. Given the precision of every sparse note in the song, it is an exciting one to follow along and see the music unfold. These guys are only 20 years old and on their first tour so I expect to see their live show improve dramatically as they continue to fine tune their live chops. Very nice start though:






Thanks to Wes for the tip (the hipster Skywalker to my Yoda).


Enjoy,

MD

No comments:

Post a Comment